U.S. consumer demand for pitcher, under-the-sink, point-of-use and whole house water filtration systems has reached unprecedented levels over the last 10-15 years and Southern California residents have done more than their fair share to increase both the demand and popularity of water filtration systems.
The benefits of water filtration can be enjoyed by residents throughout the U.S., but certain areas of our country need the benefits more than others and Southern California is one of those areas.
Water filtration pitchers, under-the-sink and point-of-use units and whole house water filtration systems have grown so rapidly and become so prevalent throughout Southern California because more and more residents are discovering the truth about what’s really in their tap water and wondering just how safe it is to drink.
At the very least, every cup of treated water that comes out of your tap or faucet contains lead, chlorine, unhealthy sediment and any number of toxic man-made chemicals and industrial waste products.
Studies show that some untreated water supplies have been known to contain more than 2,000 toxins and pollutants that can lead to cancer. Before the industrial age, the possibility of falling ill to cancer was 1 in 50, but the toxins and pollutants of big industry has seen that possibility rise to a staggering 1 in 3.
In addition, the pharmaceuticals, medications, growth hormones and antibiotics given to farm animals ends up in the soil along with chemicals from various fertilizers. The vast majority of these medications, antibiotics and fertilizers are water soluble and these complex chemical compounds enter our water system directly or indirectly and end up in coming out of our taps as drinking water.
California’s tap water supply is consistently ranked as the most contaminated and polluted tap water in the entire United States and exploring safe, healthy and more effective alternatives to using regular tap water makes good
common sense for the health of you and your family.
Water is essential for daily life, especially for keeping your body hydrated and healthy. Dirty water can pose a significant health risk, but a water filtration system can provide all of the benefits listed below and more…
1. Clean and Mineral-Rich Water – A quality whole house water filtration system will remove the worst contaminants from your water without removing the naturally occurring minerals that are critical for optimal health. The vast number of styles and sizes of water filtration systems, including whole house, counter-top, under sink and even water pitcher filters etc…allows everyone to enjoy the benefits of clean, great tasting water on some level.
2. Bacteria Reduction – Water filters help remove viruses and various protozoa that may cause illness or disease. Municipal filtration or purification systems remove many contaminants before they reach the home, but not all. Water filters with a particle size rating of 1 micron will remove most bacteria and protozoa like Giardia and E. coli, according to Princeton University, while a filter with a 0.004 micron rating can even remove viruses like Hepatitis A.
3. Improved Taste and Smell – A water filtration system can improve both the smell and taste of your water by removing odor-affecting and flavor-affecting contaminants and particles like dissolved metal from your home’s plumbing system.
4. Cancer Reduction – Various chemicals and pesticides can leach into the water supply and get into your tap water. Even chemicals used to purify water, like chlorine, may persist in the final water product. Those chemicals can raise your risks of contracting cancer, especially bladder cancer, according to Cornell University. A good water filtration system can remove such contaminants and shield you from their respective health risks.
5. Balanced Water Hardness and pH – Some water filtration systems, including those using activated carbon, may neutralize the water and maintain a balanced pH. Some may also help soften a water’s excessive hardness, which results in better-tasting beverages and less acidic tea and coffee. Using filtered water can also prevent a buildup of damaging minerals in your coffee machine and pipes.
6. Convenient and Easy to Use – Many water filtration systems, such as a countertop or faucet filters can be set up within minutes without the need of a professional plumber. Simply install and turn on the tap to run the water through your filtration system for drinking, cooking or brushing your teeth etc…The only maintenance required for most water filtration systems is changing filters and cleaning the system per the manufacturer’s guidelines.
7. Water Filtration vs. Bottled Water – With water filtration you control your own water quality. One of the biggest issues with bottled water is that no matter what it says on the label, you never really know what you’re getting or where it came from. Numerous reputable studies have revealed that up to 40 percent of all bottled water is actually re-processed tap water. Another large portion of bottled water is purified by reverse osmosis or distillation which de-mineralizes the water and is considered to be unhealthy for long-term use.
FORD’S Plumbing & Heating has been serving the water filtration and purification needs of the Southland for
over 50 years and we’ve seen the popularity and demand for whole house and point-of-entry water filtration increase dramatically over the last 10-15 years.
The water filtration experts at FORD’S can help you select the water filtration system that’s just right for you and your family’s needs and we’ll install it to exact manufacturer specifications to
insure peak performance and provide you with years of worry free service.
If you’re looking to improve the quality, safety and taste of your drinking water and significantly upgrade your entire tap water user experience then call FORD’S water filtration pros at 310-815-1515 today.
Delivering Results, Not Excuses Since 1963